Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes..the Best & the Worst.


Another year, another awards show season. As a fashion student I can honestly say I am more excited about the red carpet than the actual awards given out. It is so much fun seeing the gowns and the suits, some celebs get it right and some look like trash.  I like to be honest when it comes to these things so if you disagree please feel free to leave a comment for me, otherwise enjoy....

Let's first start off with the some of my personal favorites...


Ella Macpherson

Designer: Zac Posen


Ella Macpherson's dress was absolutely stunning.  The best looks are the ones that are so effortlessly done. She nailed it! This dress is completely her and even though this color was very popular the whole night she owned this like she was the only one wearing it.  The styling was also done to perfection! LOVE LOVE LOVE.












Kate Beckinsale

Designer: Roberto Cavalli

Another effortless look executed to perfection.  Kate Beckinsale is in my personal opinion one of the prettiest women in Hollywood.  This look really makes her come alive.  The jewelry is just enough to make it pop even more.  Nothing else I can say except.. WOW!









Charlize Theron

Designer: Dior

I was never one to notice Charlize Theron before, but after that night how can anyone forget her? This dress will forever be in Golden Globe history.  The talk of the night and the weeks after it, just speechless.  Dior is always a favorite.










Jessica Alba

Designer: Gucci

I pray to God that I look like her when I get to my 30s.  She is gorgeous. When I saw this dress I knew for a fact she will be one of my best dressed of the night.  Her hair, jewelry, clutch... all well thought out and made the look unbelievable!








Some more Best Dressed:


Salma Hayek

Designer: Gucci

Let's remain with the same designer for a moment and admire this lovely creation.  Salma rocks the look and it is made to be worn by her! Absolutely loving the black and gold details.  The look is done amazing.






Rooney Mara

Designer:  Nina Ricci

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star has been rocking many events and has nailed it at the Golden Globes! I love that the look is so simple yet she brings such edge to it with the the cut outs and hair style.  Love this.  The carpet needs the edge!



Claire Danes

Designer: J. Mendel

Pictures of this dress really don't do it justice.  When she got up to accept the award for Homeland, you can truly see just how awesome of a choice this dress was.  Very  elegant in the front, but the detailing of the back makes it a top choice.




Heidi Klum

Designer: Calvin Klein

Simply Beautiful.  Nothing less and nothing more expected from her. She can wear a potato sack and make it look like it was made by Karl Lagerfield.  I love that she keeps it simple and then adds a wow factor with turquoise accessories.  It was the perfect touch.











Nicole Richie

Designer: Julien Macdonald

Another simple dress made to fabulous. Nicole Richie has been looking fabulous these days and I'm so happy to see her in something other than her usual Bohemian Chic (which I love but it's always great to change it up!) This is modern glamour, I love it.









Evan Rachel Wood

Designer: Gucci Premiere

Drama, drama, drama.  This dress is so dramatically wonderful.  I am in love with the different textures throughout the gown.  The fit is perfect and who better to wear it than her. She is always taking risk and I'm so happy she took this one! Bravo girl!









Octavia Spencer

Designer: Tadashi Shoji

The Help's amazing actress looked stunning at the Globes! She is ridiculously chic and the fitting of the dress is just wow! I honestly love everything about this dress. Especially the color it's amazing against her skin tone!


The Beautiful Modern Family Girls:





Sofia Vergara

Designer: Vera Wang

Vera Wang is always a perfect choice for curvy women like Sofia Vergara.  She can literally make anything look sexy. Again the dress is just perfect for her.  I am a huge fan of navy dresses and she  grabbed my attention immediately! The bottom is what really steals the show!








Sarah Hyland

Designer: Dolce & Gabbana

So many young stars try to dress older during these shows, but she looks just right for her age! The dress is so detailed and girly for her.  The black cinching the waist shows off her own little curves! This was the definitely the right choice!









Now let's see some GLEE:




Lea Michelle

Designer: Marchesa

Marchesa gowns are definitely my favorites during red carpet events& Lea Michelle can be the poster child for them.  The Glee star looked radiant in this gown and steps away from the annoyance of her on screen character Rachel... the real Lea is a sex pistol.











Amber Riley

Designer: Badgley Mischka

I'm so surprised that more people didn't give her the attention she deserved. She looks outrageous! I feel that if you are going to wear red on a red carpet than make sure not to blend in with the carpet and I have to say she really doesn't blend at all. I love this look!










Dianna Agron

Designer: Giles

Another fabulously executed red dress from the Glee girls! Dianna Agron is definitely one to always do something new and she looks great in everything I love this look a lot, there's a lot going on but it isn't too much.. it's just right.










Jenna Ushkowitz

Designer: Norman Ambrose

Seen here at the InStyle after party, she looks awesome! The dress is girly yet so sexy, which is definitely two sides we don't see her as since her character dresses nothing like this! I love it though and hope to see more from her at the next show!










Kevin Mchale

Designer: ???

The girls weren't the only ones to have the carpet talking. Kevin Mchale who plays the handicapped Artie on the show was looking adorable in a navy jacket.  It also seems that the blazer is velour?  Either way I kind of love it! and I love that he has the balls to wear such great blazers! Keep it Up!!










Chris Colfer

Designer:  ???

I love Chris Colfer for being the guy to put the shine on the red carpet. The slim fit suit is well tailored, as it should be, and make him so handsome.  I really love that is shines. Fab choice Chris!












Mark Salling

Designer: Versace

Looking dapper as ever in Versace, Mark Salling really looked hot. The only thing I can possibly say is annoying about this look is his hair. I want that piece shaved!








The Girls of Fashion Police:



Kelly Osbourne

Designer: Zac Posen

I am kind of disappointed with this look, not going to lie.  I really think she could have done wayyy better than this. Nonetheless even though this is not my favorite look of hers, I admire her risk taking and she does look lovely. It's not completely horrible I just think she could have done better.









Giuliana Rancic

Designer: Basil Soda

She is gorgeous! I like the dress a lot but again not in love with it. Giuliana is on Fashion Police and known for usually rocking the best of the best for these events. I feel that she could have stepped up her game but again she did look elegant.










The Fabulous Men on the Carpet:





Ryan Kwanten

Designer: Hugo

He looks incredible! I'm loving the texture of the jacket. The tuxedo is just right for the awards show and you can tell he is feeling confident in it as well.









Leonardo Di Caprio

Designer: Giorgio Armani

He's Leonardo Di Caprio...do I need to say anything else?  He is ridiculously handsome and come on who doesn't love a Giorgio Armani suit?













Zachary Levi

Designer: Vivienne Westwood

BEST DRESSED MALE! I love him! He's been rocking these Vivienne Westwood suits and they work perfectly for him! So handsome and I absolutely love the fact that he  strayed away from the regular black suits and went with navy! Fab choice!








Bradley Cooper

Designer: ???

The best I have ever seen him! Looks like a million bucks and he probably worth more but you get my point! It's a classic look, that he makes look brand new!











The Couples:




Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Her Designer: Atelier Versace
His Designer: Salvatore Ferragamo

They never disappoint me.  Angelina looks almost old Hollywood glam and Brad goes along with it! I can't explain it but I really love  the looks and I love them! Amazing!










Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan Tatum

Her Designer: Maria Lucia Hohan
His Designer: ???

BEST DRESSED COUPLE! Eventhough I'm in love with Angelina and Brad's looks, Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Tatum absolutely nailed it 19736498237498x better. & they look so happy next to each other I really love it even more. She looks gorgeous and he's always sexy *_*







Natalie Portman & Benjamin Millepied

Her Designer: Lanvin
His Designer: ???

Worst Dressed couple.  He actually looks decent, I really have absolute no problem with the way he looks.  I even like that he went with a double breasted jacket.  HOWEVER, Natalie looks like a tacky bridesmaid in that dress. When she stands next to her husband they look like they are in the wedding party.  I really dislike this shit.







The Uneasily styled:



Jessica Biel

Designer: Ellie Saab

I don't know how I feel about this dress.  One minute i think it looks so sleek and chic and then the next I feel like it looks like an old lady dress. I really can't decide if I like it or not...











Emma Stone

Designer: Lanvin

Another look I really don't know if I like or not! Emma Stone stole the show last year and this year went the total opposite direction. I do love the color and plunging neckline. The belt is throwing me off and making this look a little Bram Stroker's Dracula esque.  I don't know what to make of it.











Nicole Kidman

Designer: Versace

I love me some Versace but I feel as if this might be too much of Versace for an award show.  I'm not the fondest of Nicole Kidman but she usually knows how to dress. It's a gorgeous dress but I'm not sure if it was the right choice.









Mila Kunis

Designer: Dior

I don't hate this dress, but I'm really annoyed that last year she was absolutely stunning in green Vera Wang.  I guess I feel that if she was going to go with this she could have at least made it more edgy. I love her though& understand that since she is the new face of Dior that she should wear it.







The WORST of the Night:



Paula Patton

Designer: Monique Lhuillier

Who invited Big Bird? No but really is she going to senior prom?  This dress is a disappointment! It looks extremely cheap material and as if she got it for prom not the Golden Globes.  She should have worn that fabulous dress she wore in the Mission Impossible movie.









Michelle Williams

Designer: Jason Wu

This is the biggest disappointment of the globes.  Michelle Williams played Marilyn Monroe. That is the biggest honor of any woman in Hollywood. Marilyn Monroe was a sex symbol, yet so elegant and just pure beauty.  You play her and then come to an award show looking like this!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! She is so skinny too, she could have worn anything! uuuughs this frustrates me.







Sharon Osbourne

Designer: Von Trapp

This is absolutely dreadful.  I can't decide if it's old school curtains or my parent's old bedroom set made into a dress. Whatever it is, it is hideous. Come on Mrs. O you could have done sooooooo much better than this!










Madonna

Designer: Reem Acra

Madonna looks fabulous for her age and usually dressed amazing, but what the fuck was she thinking? This looks disgusting. It looks like someone friend weaving a green quilt together and decided to attach it to metallic. I don't know how to describe this....GROSS.












Adam Levine

Designer: ???

The only problem I have is that his bow tie is on steroids. Otherwise he is so sexy and should have just went naked ;)









Meryl Streep

Designer: ???

YOU WERE IN THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA. You usually wear age appropriate yet really pretty looks.  This made her look 100.  Come on Meryl, STEP IT UP THIS IS THE GOLDEN GLOBES.










So there you have it the best...the hunks...the couples...the uneasy... and the horrible! Leave comments and let me know what you agree/disagree on. Hopefully we see more fabulous looks on the next award show!

No comments:

Post a Comment